Trisha: Too costly for Malayalam?

Trisha, like many other Kollywood babes, has her bags packed and is ready to fly to B-Town, so she’s being very coy with producers from the South. The actress who has been a part of some great movies in Tamil and Telugu, was recently offered the lead role in a Malayalam movie, which she very politely declined. While some say it’s because the pay did not meet her expectations, Trisha insists that money is seldom the reason why she accepts or declines offers. “I’ve been here long enough and earned enough fame and fortune to not be desperate to make more. I take on roles that are unique and challenging. Also, the team with whom I’m working is very important. Money comes next. It’s true that I got an offer for a Malayalam movie. It’s true that I declined the offer. But it’s completely untrue that I did so because the money involved was too low. We did not get to the stage of discussing pay, because I turned down the offer right away. I have other commitments and hence no dates to spare,” she explained.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment