Kajal sharing a shot in Magadhhera

In an interview given to The Hindu speaks about Magadheera.


Kajal calls it her fortune to be a part of the exciting project, she had worked 14 hours every day since the film began and even went through rigorous dancing classes after pack up to look like a classical dancer in the dheera dheera magadheera number. To look like a heroine of a love story that dates back to 400 years is no easy task. She adds, “I had to get the body language right, I was required to give strong emotions as this film in one half of the story doesn’t allow any physical contact. Every emotion is through the eyes. From day one when I heard the script, I kept doing my homework. I watched a lot of Raj Kapoor-Nargis films to see their chemistry come alive on screen. The make up every day was for over two hours and we shuttled from periodic to contemporary sets at the drop of the hat. One day I was a princess, the other day was a normal college girl. Finally, I didn’t cheat on anything or myself, hopefully all of that shows when the film releases.”

The most interesting scene that Kajal says one should look out for was when the hero, Ramcharan comes chasing her on a horse while she’s in the bus.

It was shot at RTC Cross Roads. Kajal giggles, “the hero just discovers that I’m the girl he’s looking for and he’s chasing us in the busy traffic. It’s funny and I’m sure everyone will like it.”

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment