My character in Ishqiya oozes sensuality


After playing an ideal mother in Paa, Vidya Balan says she is ready to surprise audiences with a completely different avatar in forthcoming movie Ishqiya. She will be seen as a conniving, scheming woman in Vishal Bharadwaj’s dark drama.
 
"For the first time I’ll be playing a woman who is conniving, scheming and in whom there is a sexual aggression," said Vidya in an interview.
 
"She is an aggressive person. She is someone who is unapologetic about her own choices. Bold is the word I’ll use for the lack of a better word. In the Indian context, she would be Rambha, Durga or Kali. She is someone who is dressed from top to toe but oozes sensuality," the actress said.
 
Set in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Ishqiya is a tale of romance between individuals caught in a web of crime, suspense, passion and deceit. Made by first time director Abhishek Chaubey and produced by Bharadwaj, the film also stars Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin Shah in pivotal roles.
 
In the film, Vidya sports a deglamourised look and mouths expletives.
 
"Of course Vishal comes with a certain brand and credibility…but more importantly I loved the role offered to me. I wouldn’t have given it up. Along with that I loved Abhishek’s passion and sensibility. So it was a combination of all these things when I made my decision."
 
The 31-year-old is also looking forward to Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Chenaab Gandhi in which she plays Amitabh Bachchan’s daughter.
 
After receiving flak for doing glamorous roles, Vidya has moved to author-backed characters in Paa, Chenaab Gandhi and Ishqiya. But she says her choice of roles is not a conscious effort to change her image.
 
"It’s not a conscious decision to try and stay away from a particular kind of roles. There is no effort for an image change. It’s just that I’m just being offered a lot of exciting work and I’ve tried to pick and choose different things to keep it very exciting for me," she said.
 
Vidya has earlier been seen in films like Parineeta, Heyy Babyy, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Kismat Konnection.(IANS)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment