Commercial cinema is my cuppa: Prakash Raj

A National Award for his poor weaver role in ‘Kanchivaram’ will not stop Prakash Raj, the most expensive villain in south indian cinema, from playing a baddie. For the actor says that “commercial cinema” is his cup of tea for it provides him the much-needed money to produce meaningful movies. “I will continue to play the bad guy in commercial films. It is my bread and butter. At the same time, I try my best to do justice to the characters I do,” he says. Saying that his efforts to make meaningful movies would continue, the versatile actor adds: “I love good cinema and I am proud to have made films like ‘Abhiyum Naanum’ and ‘Mozhi’(Tamil). I will continue producing sensible movies.” On ‘Kanchivaram’, he says, “I am really happy about winning the award. I trusted Priyadarshan. We all worked as a team and finally achieved something really big. This award is so special to me.”

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment