'I' m a big fan of Kangana Ranaut

After producing masala potboilers like Pokiri, Shivamani and Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi, director Puri Jagannath is all set to direct a movie on the life and work of the late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy. Known for his out and out commercial films, the director admits that this film is the biggest challenge of his career.
“The movie requires a lot of research and I will be travelling to his hometown Pulivendula to learn more about his life. We have to be extra careful while making Rajasekhar Reddy because he was a man who has always been in the public eye and we need to get every detail right. I want to meet everyone who was close to the late CM so that I can do justice to his great journey,” he says.
Puri Jagannath, however, has not given up doing what he does best — family entertainers. He is currently busy with Bumper Offer, his production venture in which his brother Sairam Shanker plays the lead role. The movie is already making waves for its much-talked-about item number starring Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut, who is touted to be his current muse. “I am a big fan of Kangana Ranaut,” admits Jagannath. “I’ve known her for long and I wanted her to do the item song in Pokiri a few years ago. But she was busy with Gangster then. She is a fantastic performer and her item number will surely be a hit. I’m now planning to cast her as a lead heroine in one of my movies,” adds the director who is also gearing up to direct a Hindi film soon.
While his films are well received by the audience, critics always have a bone to pick with him. The director lashes out at the media in all his films. Puri Jagannath says, “I am only against a section of electronic media which always reflect their own views and force it on the viewers. They misuse the power that they have. In fact, I have a script ready which explores the fierce competition among TV channels and their love for sensationalism. I’ve even narrated the script to a couple of actors in Tollywood, but not one of them has given their nod. They are all too scared to act in a film that criticises the media.”
One director who understands the pulse of the younger generation, Puri Jagannath gets all his feedback from Facebook. “Being part of the youngsters’ world helps me understand their tastes better. Also, I get direct response from them through the website. Every day, I spare some time to reply to everyone’s queries, comments and suggestions,” he says.
His filmy life may be a hectic one, but even after Puri Jagannath heads home, he talks cinema. The director’s son Akash is a child artiste, wife Lavanya designs costumes for movies. “My family loves cinema and we enjoy being part of showbiz. We love spending time on the sets. My aim is to be remembered for my work in films,” he says.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment