Elesh gets his revenge on Rakhi


Elesh Parujanwala may have been the lucky suitor to win over Rakhi Sawant among 16 contestants on Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, but he has wisened up to one fact fast — Mother Mary she ain’t.
 
Elesh, who came to Mumbai with hopes of settling down with the controversy queen, has been at the centre of controversy himself, thanks to Rakhi’s outbursts.
 
The man is deeply hurt and angered by Rakhi’s attempts to malign his image with her accusations of his financial instability and his plans to relocate to Toronto post-marriage with her. So far, Elesh had maintained a dignified silence, but having been pushed too far, he now sets the record straight. There is a distinct sadness in his eyes and voice when he speaks about Rakhi.
 
Elesh says that he tried his best to make the relationship work. Talking about his incompatibility with Rakhi, he says, “I tried my best to understand this woman, but failed. I tried to know her past, I tried to understand her moves. I tried everything, but failed. On the contrary, Rakhi never tried to understand where I am coming from. Her notion about NRIs is so limited. I think it is based only on watching movies and TV. Rakhi needs to understand that real life is different from reel life.”
 
To begin with, Elesh is amused that Rakhi did not want to stay in his hometown, Toronto after marrying him. He elaborates, “Honestly, I never told her to settle in Toronto. She can always travel back and forth. What’s wrong if I suggested that if and when we have a baby, he/she should be born in Toronto? I have my parents there and they would be a support system to my family. Anything wrong with that?”
 
Commenting on Rakhi’s accusation that Elesh is financially not stable, he says, “What does she mean by saying that I don’t have money? That’s all so stupid and unnecessary. I am studying and have decided not to take money from my parents. I want to be an independent person. Am I doing something bad?”
 
Clearly, Elesh has realised that Rakhi has used his name to play to the gallery and get her nautanki’s worth of airtime. Getting more vociferous, he says, “Frankly, I am shocked by the allegations. Anybody else in my place would have sunk into depression. Had it not been for the support of my family, I don’t know what would have happened to me. I do realise people have their own reasons to try to make others feel small and bad in the eyes of the public, so that they can gain sympathy. Part of being in Bollywood, I guess. But I am hurt. The controversy and the humiliation that I have been put through; the name calling to mar my character has hurt my family and me tremendously. (MM)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment