‘Jr NTR and I are best of buddies’


Born into one of Tollywood’s first families, acting was a natural choice for Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, NT Rama Rao’s grandson. Around nine-movies-old in Tollywood, he may not have had great hits, but claims he is still learning the tricks of the trade.
 
“It takes time to be successful and not everyone is a Hrithik Roshan, who became a star overnight. Luck too plays an important role. I’m still learning,” says Kalyan Ram, who is “amused” by rumours that claim he is “threatened” by competition from his half brother Junior NTR and that they are not on talking terms.
 
“Tarak and me are leagues apart. He is a mass hero and I have only done family entertainers. I know my limitations and there is no problem between us,” he says.In fact, the two are thick buddies, says Kalyan.
 
“We discuss our movies, locations, shots etc. I tell him all about my project and he does the same too. It is only when we are busy with our shoots, we don’t get to meet up regularly. A lot has been written about an alleged ‘rift’ between us, but we’d rather not dwell on them,” he adds.
 
The actor is happy with the response to his latest flick Jayeebhava. “All my previous movies were action flicks, but this is a family entertainer.”
 
Apart from his acting endeavours, Kalyan is a busy producer too. He is one of the few actors who runs his own production house. “After I did two films, I didn’t like any script that came my way. That’s when I decided to start my own production house.
 
Besides I wanted to try different genres. I like taking risks, but couldn’t trust other producers,” he says.
 
When he is not doing films, Kalyan, who who calls himself an ‘introvert’ spends time with his wife and his two-year-old son. Unlike Junior NTR, the actor wants to steer clear from politics. “I’m not ready for politics. I went to campaign with Junior NTR for a few days, but I couldn’t continue, due to my film commitments.”(DC)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment