Shilpa sets a wedding date


Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty says that her wedding date has been finalised, but she will announce it only when her sister Shamita is by her side.
 
"I know everyone’s eager to know about the wedding date. All I can say is yes it’s been finalised and I will make an official announcement as soon as I know when Shamita’s coming out," Shilpa, who got engaged to London-based Raj Kundra Saturday after a courtship of about two years, posted on her blog.
 
Shamita is currently participating in the Colors’ reality show "Bigg Boss 3". She is locked in the house with 10 more inmates and has no connection with the world outside. Shilpa says she missed her sister. "It’s been a time of both joy and sorrow for me. The joy is obvious because Raj and I feel happy to take our relationship to the next level, but as most of you know my sister Shamita is still in the ’Bigg Boss’ house and could not attend. She doesn’t even know.
 
"The date was decided a week ago and we all came to the consensus that we should go ahead because another good mahurat (auspicious time) was a long way off. And considering Raj’s parents and relatives were down from London for a week, so it seemed convenient," she wrote.
 
"I wanted to have Shamita there during this special moment, but I had to be considerate towards Raj’s family too. So for all those who wanted to know why I went ahead without Shamita, it was a difficult decision but this is the answer." Shilpa admits that when her sister comes out of "Bigg Boss" house, the news of the engagement will shock her. "I know Shamita will be shocked… she’ll kill me. Missed her more than words can describe but I’m sure she’ll understand! Can’t wait to show her my ring," she wrote.
 
So far Shilpa has not commented on her sister’s stay in "Bigg Boss" house. But now she says that she is proud of Shamita. "I’ve never commented on what I think of her in there, but just want to say she’s been the pampered baby in our house. It made our whole family so proud to see her have no airs and do all the chores with no qualms," wrote Shilpa who won the British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" in 2007. "She’s never cooked in her life and I saw her make rotis. I felt terrible watching her cry on TV, but I am amazed to see her growth on the show. This will definitely make her a stronger person. So proud of the way she’s conducting herself with so much dignity." (IANS)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment