Devi Sri Prasad’s guru is Meera jasmine’s ex


Not many know that composer Devi Sri Prasad is a trained Carnatic classical musician. Devi Sri Prasad
 
What’s more, his guru is none other than Mandolin U Srinivas! Surely, the man, who has composed some energetic and peppy numbers, has an unknown side.
 
“I’m thankful to Srinivasji for making me what I am. In addition to music, I have learnt simplicity and good manners from him. He is a model guru, teaching not only music but also the values of life. Despite being praised by legends like Bhimsen Joshi and Dr Balamuralikrishna, he still continues to remain humble,” says the young composer, who is clearly in awe of his guru.
 
And guess what, this sincere sishya submits all his work for appraisal by his master. “I give him all my albums. He listens to them and gives me his feedback,” he reveals.
 
So, will we see his guru playing for his composition? “I definitely would love to, but I don’t have the courage to ask him,” admits the composer. “I want him to play for my composition. But I would like to make myself worthy for that,” reveals Devi.
 
Let’s hope this guru bhakt’s dream comes true soon… (DC)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment