‘I want to design for Rajinikanth’


Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali is on her first-ever trip to Chennai. The gorgeous lady who has designed stunning pieces for Bollywood biggies like Priyanka Chopra, Bipasha Basu, Lara Dutta, Deepika Padukone and her brother-in-law Hrithik Roshan, is holding her first exhibition down south, at Studio Saks.
 
“It’s a rocking city, and I’m pleasantly surprised by how nice the people are,” says Farah, adding, “I feel Chennai is very similar to Mumbai in many ways.”
 
Farah says she’s had a hectic year, starting with the IIFA awards in Macau, for which she designed the jewellery for over 10 actors, followed by designing jewellery for the hit reality show Rakhi ka Swayamvar. “The reality show was a completely different experience for me, and the show’s popularity was way beyond my expectations.”
 
Right now, she’s concentrating on her exhibition in Chennai, and also on expanding her market in the southern states. “And it’s been wonderful meeting many new clients in the city. I also met actor Khushboo after many years — we’re old friends and I really like the way she carries herself. Also, I’m waiting to hit the beaches in the city, and go sightseeing around here.”
 
Are there any actors down south whom she’d like to work with? “Rajinikanth of course, as he’s an icon. Also, if I get some jewellery projects for Kollywood films, I’d love to take them up.”
 
Farah believes that her career is important to her, but not more than her family. “My sister Suzanne is my favourite muse, and she’s also the brand ambassador for my jewellery line. Hrithik and I get along very well, considering both of us are Capricornians,” she laughs. “Jokes aside, we both are very practical and both of us believe in the ‘do it well, or don’t do it at all’ mantra.”
 
“Our work is such that I have to be out in the morning and my husband (DJ) Aqeel goes out at night. That’s why we make it a point to take four days off every month, where we go to exotic locales for a romantic getaway,” says Farah.
 
“But my kids are the ones who are most important to me,” she adds. “I work my schedule around theirs and ensure that I don’t take up too much work during their school vacations.”(DC)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment