Radcliffe is already used to the pressures of nightly Broadway and West End appearances, having wowed critics in ’Equus’, his debut play, last year. In his second outing, Radcliffe will play J Pierrepont Finch, a window cleaner who rises to the top of a huge company while wooing and winning a girl along the way.
Radcliffe explained his decision to take twice-weekly ballet lessons for the role, in order to compete with his contemporaries who would be graduating from drama school. "They’ve been learning dance or singing and all that stuff, and I’m going to need to compete with them because I won’t have Harry Potter as my safety net anymore. I need to make myself as viable a choice for any part as I possibly can," Radcliffe had said.
Radcliffe made his stage debut last year with Equus after finishing filming for Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince.
For his efforts, Radcliffe earned a Drama Desk nod in New York and two WhatsOnStage Awards in the West End. Radcliffe is currently filming the final installments of the Harry Potter movies, Deathly Hallows, which will be released in two parts.(PTI)








0 comments:
Post a Comment